Period masturbation is delightful and I really mean that.
Many women find themselves extra horny whilst on their periods and many women think it’s too ‘messy’ to get into it and orgasm.
The great thing is, if you don’t mind maybe a ‘teensy’ bit of mess, you will be fine and the pleasure from masturbating whilst on your period is out of this world ecstasy.
I have been masturbating on my period for years and so I feel it’s time for me to talk about it and get it out there that it’s an okay thing to do and feels completely amazing.
Clit Or G-spot?
On heavier days I always, always stick to my clit. There’s no mess, it feels great and I don’t have to get all up in there.
If you don’t want to touch your vagina, feel free to use a sex toy. Bullet vibrators are the best as they are the smallest and deliver pinpoint precision.
This is my favorite bullet vibrator and I really recommend it to anyone looking for something powerful: Tracey cox supersex bullet vibrator
If you’re worried about getting a mess on your hands, I really do recommend sticking to your clit and not venturing too far around, however, it really isn’t a big deal if things do get a little messy, just wash afterward. Of course, the best way to avoid any mess is a sex toy.
What About My G-spot?
If you’re not a clit stimulating kind of gal, go for the G-spot (guide on how to squirt). Place a towel beneath you or take a long, hot bath and take in a waterproof sex toy or do what you usually do.
Of course, it may get a little messier and you will probably find your fingers do pick up some ‘excess’ but if you shower properly afterward, it’s no big deal.
If you are using a sex toy on your period make sure to wash that properly too, there’s nothing worse than picking it up a few days later to find blood dried onto it (major turn off).
Where Is The Best Place To Masturbate On My Period?
My best piece of advice to give you would be to masturbate in your own home, with a towel beneath you, and with the door locked (or make sure you are completely alone).
A bath is also a great place but if you don’t live alone, you may find yourself getting disturbed in there. Although if you do live alone or with somebody you know won’t disturb you, the bath is great as you can really get down to it in there as any mess is washed away and any waterproof sex toy will work a dream.
The least messy way is to use a clitoral vibrator that you just clean after use.
My Partner Wants To Make Me Cum…On My Period
Some people draw the line here (myself included). I have no problem masturbating with myself on period but I would shudder at the thought of letting my partner down there.
This isn’t because he finds it disgusting or even that I find it wrong myself, I just couldn’t deal with the hassle of the clean up afterward (yes, it is because I am a very lazy individual).
Nevertheless, some women swear by period masturbation/sex and I have got SOME TIPS below to share:
- Talk to your partner first. Let them know exactly what might happen (ie the mess and the clean up). They need to understand that it most likely won’t be pretty down there when you’re done. If they’re still okay with it, congratulate yourself on having an amazing partner.
- Turn off all of the lights and make the room totally dark, that way if there is any leakage it won’t be visible until after the deed (If you have a towel under yourself it makes clean up a lot easier!). The darkroom also will help you to both relax.
- Find the day you are at your lightest flow and try and schedule it for then. It just means there will be less mess to clean up after and it shouldn’t be too much of a bloody mess.
- Use sex toys. If you’re not up for full-on intercourse, have your partner use a vibrator on you. This will get you off and once you’re done, return the favor.
- Take your loving into the shower. I personally feel like shower sex is more trouble than it’s worth but there will be a lot less mess and anything that does come out will be washed away instantly.
- Take it to the bath if you’re not into shower sex. Again, you may see some leakage that nothing that can’t get washed down the plughole. Also, a shower afterward will probably turn you both on again…
- Make yourself comfortable. Nothing’s worse than feeling self-conscious so make sure you trust the person you are with and really make them understand what may or may not happen. As I mentioned before, turning off the lights and making it dark will honestly make you feel a million times better about the whole thing.
Is It Unhygienic?
I see this question a lot when it comes to masturbating on your period. The short answer is, no.
There’s nothing to be grossed out about, it’s your period and it’s just your bodies way of saying it’s not pregnant (hoorah!).
As long as you wash your hands before and after and wash the sex toys you used, it really isn’t bad. If you’re having intercourse on your period, make sure to wash before and after just like you would if you were going solo.
Washing is really important as it will prevent bacteria, infections, and smells from spreading and it keeps germs at bay. This, of course, goes for every time you masturbate/have sex but on your period it is especially important as you are touching your vagina a lot more throughout the day. There’s also a certain smell that can be carried on your fingers that just screams ‘I’m on my period’.
Most women are incredibly horny when they are on their period and it is completely normal and healthy to want to release that sexual tension. Masturbating whilst on your period can actually help relieve period pain and it feels absolutely amazing.
More Period Sex Advice
There’s this amazing video I just watched on period sex and it’s filled with some amazing advice, so if you want a little more info on the do’s and don’ts of having sex during that special time then you’ve gotta check this out.
Thank you so much for reading, I really hope these tips on period masturbation helped you out. x