I too once went on the hunt for tips and tricks on anal douching and unfortunately, there is sometimes a lot of bad advice out there.
It doesn’t matter if you’re experimenting solo with anal play for the first time or if you’re ‘cleaning up’ before anal sex, there are a ton of reasons that people decide to use an anal douche and today I am here to tell you all about the pros and cons of anal douching, which douche you should use and exactly how to do it safely and securely.
If you’re looking for some anal sex toys check out my newest article on my favorite anal sex beads.
How Do I Use An Anal Douche?
It’s actually so simple and easy to use an anal douche, all you need to do is fill the douche with lukewarm water (using tap water can cause PH imbalances which you want to avoid so unless you know your tap water is safe try using a little bottled water).
Once the douche has enough water inside, I would recommend no more than 200 ml, stay vertical, try not to lie down as this can cause the water to travel further up than it needs too and gently insert the end of the douche into your anus (use lube if you need too) and gently squeeze some of the water inside of yourself, wait 5 minutes jump around, walk about the bathroom, rock backwards and forwards and then sit on the toilet and expel all of the water and repeat up to 3 times maximum twice is ideal, try not to douche more than this.
Try douching around 30 minutes before sexy time as you want to be sure you have expelled all of the water and it gives your anus a chance to restore the mucus in your rectum that is essential to lubrication.
Another tip is to eat a high fibre diet the day before and try and eat good foods, avoiding things that can clog your system up (things like red meat, bread, etc). I would also always recommend douching after you have been to the toilet.
This is how it should go:
- Pass stool (this ensures your anal play doesn’t get messy, try timing it to happen after your bowel movements)
- Wait 30 minutes after your bowel movements
- Douche to your hearts content and clean yourself out
- Wait 30 minutes after douching
- The sexy time now begins
My Favorite Anal Douche
It can sometimes be difficult to find what we are looking for online, there is SO much information out there so I wanted to share with you my favorite anal douche device, it’s the one I use. It’s pretty simple, it doesn’t do anything fancy, it hasn’t got any hidden features, it will simply clean out the anus and give you some peace of mind before anal sex. It’s also a really fair price and completely safe to use so I definitely recommend it:
This is my BASICS anal douche, it holds 225 ml of water but I would recommend just filling it with 200 ml, especially if this is your first time douching.
The nozzle is slim so you can be sure of easy insertion and if that is something you are concerned about you can use some lube on the nozzle before insertion to ensure it slides in easily.
My douche is extremely easy to use simply fill it with lukewarm water and gently squeeze it into your anus.
I was absolutely paranoid before anal play, I just couldn’t let go and enjoy it without worrying about the mess or what might appear on my partners penis so I know how it feels to want to use a douche. This one is ideal for beginners and it does give me that peace of mind that no residue is going to slip out, it has helped me become way less paranoid and actually thoroughly enjoy anal sex.
I do still recommend putting down towels before anal play you just want to be 100% sure and remember to clean all sex toys and the douche before and after using them even if you don’t see any visible faeces.
Pros Of Using My Douche
- Gives you peace of mind
- Cleans out your rectum for mess-free anal play
- Helped me to really let go and just enjoy anal sessions
- The douche is really cheap but still great quality
- Non-intimidating design
- Douche is really easy to clean and use
- Makes me worry less knowing I am clean
Important Information About Douching
- Do not use a saline solution, always use plain water, a saline solution can cause adverse effects.
- Try not to douche to often, a few times a month is absolutely fine.
- Overfilling the douche constantly can expel more water than you need into your rectum which can travel unnecessarily and cause you to expel excess water and in some cases can unbalance your good gut bacteria.
- Keep yourself in a vertical position to stop unwanted travel of water.
- Do not buy enemas, especially the ones you can buy in grocery stores these are for people with severe constipation and the result will not be pretty, they are also not great to use.
- Don’t use your douche if you have any anal tearing, blood or a raw butthole. Wait for those things to blow over.
- Eat a good diet the day before anal play and douching. Also, make sure you have pooped before anal sex.
Thank you for reading my article on anal douching, if you have any questions please just send them in or leave them in the comments below!